Monday, August 31, 2009

A month of many FIRSTS


Hi Friends! Hope you had a fantastic weekend, and for all my Malaysian friends, a wonderful 3-day break. I did, and I shall let you know in a while why.

And just as the title suggests, this month had indeed been a superb month of many firsts. Can't beat my wedding month (July) though, in terms of superiority, but definitely one of the tops :)

And yes, there's always a first time, so let's see...

1. Just yesterday, my first ever farewell party, first in my life, in fact :)
All thanks to my HR Director, Anna Tan, who had not only planned the party of 4 fantastically well, but she personally cooked and made some of the dishes as well! The darn thing is we forgot to take pictures of those sumptuous (I must stress here, HOME-COOKED) food... hahaha... We had Iban tomato with fish, a local dish unique to Sarawak (oh yeah!), pork knuckles in black sauce (with egg... ohhh), and Sarawak laksa minus the santan with a gigantic prawn each. There was champagne as well, wine of course, and she served Patchi chocolate and her own Catana cookies (oat & raisin)... oooh... yummy! And she only had 3 guests, specially catered for my type of personality. And she's spot on :) I wouldn't enjoy a party of many people as much as a small close-knit group :) That's just me. I truly appreciate her doing this for me. It's just too meaningful for me. Not only it's a first, but all the effort she took to prepare everything for it. Thank you Anna, if you're reading this, which I doubt!

2. First time I sat for a public exam, the TOEFL, after God knows how long.
I know I'm not THAT old, but then again, it HAD been THAT long. And studying and preparing for an exam, while having a full-time job is really no joke. It had been an interesting experience, no doubt :)

3. First time for many personal bests in training:
(a) 100 sit ups below 3 minutes 25 seconds
(b) 7.5K below 50 minutes
(c) 77 push ups below 22 minutes 22 seconds

4. I know I blogged about this previously, but I still want to say it again... first time after a long while somebody new came here to this blog and commented :)

Thanks again Deboshree!

5. While
Small Footprints celebrates 300 (and more) followers of her blog, for me, first time ever... more than 800

visits/month to this blog!
And the day, or month has not even ended yet! And a year ago, it's barely touching 400. Amazing huh? I keep reminding myself it's not just the 1 same person visiting my blog more than 25 times per day for the whole of this month... LOL And it's really not, as you can see from the second picture below.





That's all for now. Please come back for the next post. It'll be an award ceremony *winks*

Have a great week ahead, Friends!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ron said...

Time to get your ass down here so I can bring you camping and see the stars for the very FIRST TIME!!!

Monday, August 31, 2009 12:07:00 PM  
Blogger Deboshree said...

Hehehe..stop mentioning me already John!!
I was really touched that someone could take out the time and actually write about me. It meant a lot and I mean it!
Yes, I meant leacherous.
See you around and I hope you have many more interesting firsts in the U.S. Recently a friend of ours left for U.S. Damn, we'll miss him!
I'm sure you will also be leaving behind a string of friends who will miss you tremendously.

Love
Deboshree

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 4:18:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

You have had a great many 'firsts' since I started reading your blog, John. It will only continue to get better and better!
I left you the answers to your question about the 'north forty' in the comment section of my own blog.
When will you be coming to the US?
Do take good care and I hope you did fantastic on the exam!
Donna

Monday, September 07, 2009 5:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home